Saturday, July 12, 2014

Chilling in my Onesie

Whew!  I am back home and I think I am finally getting back to normal…whatever that is!

The flights home weren't too bad, except for getting pulled out of line to be patted down and have all of my belongings searched-all electronics turned on.  I was the last person to board the plane because of this.  Why would I be suspicious?!?  I think I look pretty normal, don't you?

Just chilling in my British onesie

But seriously, everyone was staring at me in the airport and we got several compliments!  TSA just wanted a better look at me.

Once actually in the plane, it wasn't too bad.  Two meals, better than on the way over.  And I got to watch all of season 3 of Sherlock!  I was so entertained!  The 8 hours went by in no time.  The wait in Philly was a long anxious one.  We all just wanted to get to Indy, but we finally had 3G for the first time since we left.  Everyone was glued to their phones.

Finally in Indy, I was exhausted because it was 1 a.m. Liverpool time.  I fought to stay awake until I got home.  Up for almost 24 hours.  Woohoo!

I slept a lot the next few days just trying to catch up.  Besides finishing up homework from Liverpool, I have been relaxing and enjoying the Indiana summer.

Being back home is very bittersweet.  I am glad to be home, but the past 8 weeks have just sparked my wanderlust!  I want to continue to travel, but not right now.  I will just continue letting my dreams take me back to being lost in Europe, amongst the wondrous cities.

Thanks for reading and keeping up with me across the pond!  Ta and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment